Real Techniques Buffing Brush






Real Techniques Buffing Brush (from Core Collection): boots (£21.99)

 
I have actually has this brush for quite some time now. I bought the Real techniques Core Collection as soon as they hit the high street/drug store. After hearing so much hype about these brushes I just knew I had to try them myself. I was wary at first, maybe it was blogging pressure but I caved and bought both the Core Collection and the Stippling Brush (which I have previously reviewed here). 
 I cannot stress how much I love this as a foundation brush. I have used it literally everyday since I pucahsed it and cannot see myself using anything else for my foundation for a long time to come yet (even though sometimes I pair it with the stippling brush).  
 
The brush itself is a flat top kabuki style brush that is made up of synthetic fibres. I have to say whilst others have said they find the colour and actual brush handle a bit naff, I like how each section of the collection is colour co-ordinated. The orange/gold colour gives the brush a little something extra without being offensive. When I use the buffing brush, my foundation applies flawlessly and with very little effort (which is useful especially regarding early mornings/lack of time etc...) It glides on the skin without becoming patchy or streaky, which means that application takes next to no time and aids against any worry that you're foundation looks awful, or is just sitting on the skin, filling me/you with confidence that the foundation looks like a second skin.
Regarding application, I use a mixture of stippling and buffing. By stippling I can build up product and coverage upon and around areas where I need it more, before then blending this out (and making it appear that there is less product upon the skin) in a circular motion.

Like I said before (in my previous Real Techniques Stippling Brush review) it would be easy to rave about these brushes especially with the knowledge that they are the creation of Sam Chapman who is of Pixiwoo fame (along side her sister Nic) as well as regarding the beauty community and the rallying together to support her. But with or without this I would still suggest them to anyone and everyone... It is not just blog hype at all! Honestly, if you wanted to invest in a foundation brush (whether you are a highly into makeup, or just beginning) then get this one! Unfortunately, you can't this brush alone as it is part of a kit called "the core collection" which comes in at around £21. However I would recommend that kit just for this brush alone. By itself I would pay £21 considering how easy it has made my foundation application for me. If you find you can't part with that amount of money then keep your eyes peeled as Boots are always throwing out 3 for 2 promotions, and then grab them at a steal! Definitely worth every penny!




2 comments:

Unknown said...

I have this brush and I definitely recommend it. I have the core collection and whilst I didn't need the other brushes, I am making use for them (the small detailing one I use for my eyebrows). But this buffing brush is awesome. xo

www.almostdelightful.com

Lizz said...

Completely agree, they are definitely the best brushes I have come across and are so worth their price! Thanks for the comment! :) xx