Real Techniques Stippling Brush



So here is one of my many reviews to come regarding Real Techniques makeup brushes. It is definitely long awaited but I wanted to make sure that I had had actual use out of the brush before I 'reviewed' it.

For those of you who don't know, the brushes are created by Samantha Chapman, one half of the brilliant YouTube Gurus known as Pixiwoo. They launched in Boots earlier this year, after being raved about across the beauty community (by those who could get their hands on them!). I had been dying to get my hands on them myself, so as soon as I heard that Boots were stocking them I immediately (and maybe somewhat wisely considering they were sold out in local Boots) ordered them online.

Before I go into my thoughts let me tell you a little bit about the product itself. The bristles are made of Taklon which is not only 100% synthetic but cruelty free and incredibly, super soft to touch/use. The brush is definitely the softest that I have ever use before, and glides against the face beautifully. The brushes are colour coded and there's three colour sections, goldy/yellow/orange for flawless base, purple for enhanced eyes and pink for a perfect finish. I own both the pink stippling brush and flawless base set.

Now onto my thoughts and how I use the brush itself. It has to be said before using the brush I definitely had high expectations of the brand - I was no way let down either. My first stippling brush belonged to ELF (which I have previously reviewed) and I have to say I wasn't too aware of the effect that they had upon the overall finish of the foundation upon the skin.

Compared to the ELF brush, the Real Techniques Stippling Brush blows it out of the water. The brush buffs the foundation into the skin beautifully making it look very natural, like your skin but better, sometimes giving an almost airbrushed finished to the foundation base. It is dense enough to allow you to buff the product into the skin, whilst soft enough that it makes the product glide against the skin gently. Not only does it make your skin look better but I have found that this brush also means I work a lot quicker with my foundation, and it cuts the amount of time I take on applying my makeup down dramatically. That's always a plus!

Overall, I am incredibly pleased with these brushed. For the price that you are paying, you are getting an incredible brush, that could easily give any Mac brushes a run for their money! They are definitely worth the money and then some. Can't wait to hit Boots up again soon and go and grab some more... I don't think I'll look back. Real Techniques is definitely the way forward!



0 comments: